Written byConnie Yang
Recover Deleted/Lost Files From SDHC Card With the Best SDHC Card Recovery Software
Summary: About SDHC card recovery on Mac. Among the solutions, using SDHC card recovery software is the best way to recover lost/deleted files from an SDHC card. Free download iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery software to have a try.
You connect your SDHC card (The Secure Digital High Capacity standard of an sd card) to your Mac and try to access files stored on it. Unexpectedly, some of the files disappeared or your SDHC is blank. Or even worse, you fail to access the SDHC on Mac.
It shows that you are facing the risk of data loss of your SDHC card. But don't worry too much about that. There are solutions to help you recover data from SDHC cards on Mac.
According to experience, using Mac file recovery software is the most efficient and simplest way to help you recover data from SDHC cards. So, to do an SDHC card recovery on Mac, try the top-ranking SDHC card recovery software first.
Table of Contents:
- 1. What is SDHC recovery software?
- 2. Considerations for SDHC card recovery on Mac
- 3. 5 best SDHC card recovery software for Mac
- 4. How to recover deleted files from SDHC card on Mac?
- 5. FAQs about SDHC card recovery Mac
What is SDHC recovery software?
SDHC recovery software is a data recovery tool that used advanced algorithms to help you recover lost, deleted, or disappeared data, such as photos, videos, audios, from your SDHC cards that are connected to your computer.
Usually, a file recovery tool can apply to kinds of storage devices, SD cards, and its special 4GB-32GB storage capacity type - SDHC cards, are included. And the data recovery software commonly supports different data loss scenarios. For example, data loss due to SDHC card formatting, permanent deletion, file system corruption.
Moreover, the SDHC card recovery software is designed with a set of functions to help you recover data within simple clicks. Anyone who knows nothing about how to recover lost data can use it to retrieve files from SDHC cards and other types of flash memory.
Considerations for SDHC card recovery on Mac
SDHC card recovery software is always the first choice for restoring data from SDHC cards. But there's a variety of SD card recovery apps claiming that they are the best for SDHC data recovery. So, which one should you choose?
You can take the following as considerations:
- The cost. Different files recovery tools have different prices. Some offer cost-efficient trial editions to help you get the lost files back. But some only offer lifetime recovery solutions at high prices. So, consider your budget and situation to select the appropriate software.
- The scenario of your data loss. Some file recovery tools have several editions and each edition supports different data loss scenarios. And not all file recovery software supports all types of data loss. You need to ensure the software that you select supports your file loss type.
- The cause of your data loss. Not all SDHC data is recoverable. For example, data on a damaged SDHC can't be recovered by recovery software.
- The security, usability, professionality of the data recovery software. Commonly, a qualified SDHC recovery tool is free to download. You can download its trial version to check if the mentioned features are diverse and if the interface is clear.
5 best SDHC card recovery software for Mac
Combining the security, professionality, performance, functions, compatibility, price, etc., the following 5 SDHC card recovery software for Mac are the best ones for you. They are also suitable for SD card recovery on Mac.
1. Best SDHC card recovery software: iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac
iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is a professional and secure SD card recovery software approved by Apple. It uses advanced algorithms to detect the lost or deleted data on your SDHC and other types of SD cards, internal and external hard drives, USB Flash drives, etc.
With this Mac data recovery software, you can scan, preview, and recover data from your SDHC within a few clicks. To bring a better experience for Mac users, iBoysoft allows you to free download their Mac data recovery software to free scan and preview the scanned lost data on your SDHC card.
- Support Apple T2 security chip encrypted Mac
- Compatible with M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max Mac, and Intel-based Mac
- Support macOS 12 Monterey, macOS 11 Big Sur - OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Free preview files before recovery
- Support (encrypted) APFS, HFS+, FAT32, exFAT formatted storage devices
- Fast lost data scanning and recovery speed
- Absolute security and privacy protection
- No corrupt photo & video repair features
- No phone support
How to use iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac to recover files from SDHC on Mac:
- Free download and install iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac on your Mac.
- Restart your Mac and then open this data recovery software.
- Select your SDHC card and click Scan to scan the lost files.
- Preview the lost files and click Recover to get them back.
This user-friendly data recovery software is designed with easy operating features and on-screen prompts that allow a data recovery beginner can restore lost files without thinking. The built-in quick scan, deep scan, filter files by type, path, or time, preview before recovery, and other functions are the result of multiple version upgrades after summarizing user requirements.
More importantly, whatever your data loss situation is, such as permanent deletion, SDHC card corruption, formatting, or inaccessibility, this professional data recovery tool can rescue your lost files.
In general, iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac with a high successful recovery rate can even recover lost or deleted files from SD cards that are not working/recognized on Mac. And the price of iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is cost-effective when compared with other data recovery tools. To meet users' needs, multiple editions are available.
2. Best SDHC card recovery software: Remo Recover (Mac)
Remo Recover (Mac) is a comprehensive storage device recovery application. It supports recovering accidentally deleted files from common storage devices, such as SD cards, USB drives, hard drives, etc, and is featured in lost photos recovery.
- Support macOS 10.15 Catalina and earlier Mac OS versions
- Support recover data that has been emptied from Trash
- Support APFS, HFS+, HFSX file systems
- High performance
- Not compatible with M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max Mac
- Not support macOS 12 Monterey and macOS 11 Big Sur
- Unfriendly UI
This Mac data recovery program supports recovering types of lost files, including documents, images, videos, etc. Additionally, it allows you to recover RAW digital photos and lost files resulting from deletion and accidentally re-formatting.
It is testified useful for recovering lost and deleted photos, videos, and other types of files from SDHC cards. Moreover, it is designed with multiple functions to try to meet your various needs. But if you're not clear about your data loss situation, you may be confused about the two functions: recover deleted photos/files and recover lost photos/files.
3. Best SDHC card recovery software: Wondershare Recoverit for Mac
Recoverit for Mac is a safe and simple program dedicated to helping you recover lost documents, photos, videos, and other files. This tool supports recovering deleted files from SD cards (including SDHC cards), USB drives, memory cards, and other storage media.
- Compatible with macOS 10.10 - 12 (macOS Monterey)
- Work on T2 and M1 Mac
- Support APFS (encrypted), exFAT, HFS+ (encrypted), FAT32, ext2, ext3, ext4
- Support card formatting, corruption, and permanent deletion SD card file recovery
- Have User-friendly functions
- Not support M1 Pro and M1 Max Mac
- Only 100MB free files recovery
In a word, Wondershare Recoverit for Mac is a well-designed data recovery tool for rescuing permanently deleted files from SDHC cards.
Whether your SDHC cards are formatted with the APFS file system, HFS+ file system, or FAT file systems, this software is compatible with them. Even your SD card or MicroSD card is APFS or HFS+ encrypted, it can still help you regain the missing data.
What's more, the built-in features of the data recovery app are simple and convenient. Like iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac, this SDHC data recovery app also offers the preview before recovery option. But for the free data recovery, it only supports 100MB, maybe even one lost file can't be free recovered.
4. Best SDHC card recovery software: Stellar Data Recovery for Mac
Stellar Data Recovery for Mac is a top-ranking data restoration software that enables you to retrieve lost data from SDHC cards. Besides, it even supports repairing corrupted or distorted videos and photos on your SDHC cards, external hard drives, flash media, etc.
- Compatible with macOS 11 Big Sur - OS X 10.11
- Support APFS HFS+, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS
- Allow deleted files recovery
- Easy to use
- Not support M1, M1 Pro, and M1 Max Mac
- Not compatible with Apple T2-based Mac
- Not support macOS 12 Monterey
- No advanced file scanning algorithms
Combined with the different users' experiences and our tests, this SDHC card recovery tool shows high performance in deleted files recovery.
Besides, it also performs well in corrupted videos and photo repairing. If your SD card is corrupted or the photos or videos stored on the card are corrupted, trying this SDHC photo recovery software is a nice choice.
But the drawback of it is that it can't be used on Macs running the latest macOS 12 or Mac models with a T2 chip or M1 chip. Also, the algorithms it takes may cost you more time or maybe fail to scan some of the lost files.
5. Best SDHC card recovery software: Disk Drill for Mac
Disk Drill for Mac is a Mac data restoration software that supports recovering data from different data loss situations, such as erasure, deletion, malware infection, etc. Well, Disk Drill allows you to rescue your lost videos or images from SDHC cards.
- Support macOS 12 Monterey - OS X 10.5
- Support a Mac with an Apple T2 chip or M1 chip
- Fast scanning speed
- Compatible with APFS, HFS+, exFAT, FAT32, ext3, ext4
- No support for encrypted APFS data recovery
- No phone support
- The free version only supports preview recoverable lost files
- Not cost-effective
To sum up, Disk Drill for Mac is a comprehensive recovery program with a graphical user interface. Apart from the data recovery function, it also covers features such as S.M.A.R.T disk health monitoring, data protection, duplicate file finder for Mac, disk backup, disk space management, etc.
In files recovery, this tool allows you to preview the recoverable data before recovery like iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac features. Besides, it also offers deep scan and quick scan options to meet your needs. Usually, the scanning process of deep scan takes hours according to the amount of your data.
However, since Disk Drill for Mac contains many other functions excepting files recovery, it is not as specific as software that specializes in data recovery like iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery. Also, it is priced far higher than other top-ranking files recovery software. And Disk Drill's free version only allows users to scan the lost data while real data recovery requires a payment.
How to recover deleted files from SDHC card on Mac?
To proceed with a deleted photo recovery or deleted videos, audio, or other files recovery from your SDHC card on Mac, you can follow these methods.
Note that if you deleted the files on an SDHC card that inserted into a digital camera or other devices, check if there's a recently deleted folder on the machine and restore your deleted data.
Recover deleted files from the Trash
If you've deleted files from your SDHC card via moving them to the Trash on your Mac, you can check if they are still in your Trash.
Open Trash in the Dock and search for your removed files, then move your desired files out of Trash. If unfortunately, they are not in your Trash or you've emptied your Trash, you need to try the next method.
Recover deleted files from a backup
This method only works if you have an up-to-date backup of your SDHC card. If you have a Time Machine backup, cloud storage, or other types of backups, you can find the deleted files from your backup and restore them.
Recover deleted files with data recovery software
In most cases, you have to use a data recovery tool to help you recover lost files. The SDHC card recovery software helps retrieve files permanently deleted via being emptied from Trash or by the Shift + Command + Delete key combination.
With a data recovery app, you can get back the deleted files within a few clicks. In addition, you can also recover lost data from an SD card that is not readable on Mac.
Here, take iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac, the professional memory card recovery software, as an example.
- Connect your SDHC card to your Mac (Maybe a card reader is required).
- Download, install and open iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac on your Mac.
- Select your SDHC card and scan for it.
- Preview files and select your desired ones.
- Click Recover to save them at a different destination.
Then, the deleted files are back. You can access, edit, or move the recovered data at ease.
SDHC card recovery on your Mac is not a troublesome job if you use a data recovery tool. That's because, in most cases, the files that disappeared are caused by permanent deletion, SDHC card corruption, SDHC card formatting.
And there are few more reliable, simple, and fast recovery solutions than trying an SDHC recovery software for Mac, like iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac, to restore the lost data.
FAQs about SDHC card recovery Mac
Yes, you can. You can recover the lost files from a formatted SD card from your recent backups. If no backup is available, the only way to recover a formatted SD card is to use a Mac data recovery software.
First, you can run First Aid in Disk Utility to check and repair the corrupted SD card. If First Aid works to repair it, you can access the SD card and read-write the files stored on it again. If First Aid fails to repair it, you need to use a memory card recovery app to recover files from the corrupted SD card.
The chances of recovering a damaged SD card are slim. That's because a damaged SD card can't be detected and recognized by an operating system. No recovery software can detect the data on it. You can try to send it to the special laboratory for repair and data recovery.